Saturday, November 9, 2013

Looks like I've made a knitting pattern

My baby  daughter has unique legs, so I had to make up with a leg warmer pattern. This is what I came up with.

Her chubby thighs are 12 inches around, but her dainty ankles are only 4 inches. This pattern was custom tailored to her so I'm not sure if it cold fit any other baby, but I wouldn't know how to go about changing it for different sizes.

Here goes. 

Yarn: Lion's Homespun, Lagoon color

Needles: US size 6 / 4.25mm

Gauge: 3 stitches per inch

Co 40 st

Work 2x2 rib for 1 inch

Work stockinette stitch for 1 inch

Decrease:
Next row * K 8, K2tog Repeat from * to end
Purl
Knit
Purl
*K 7, K2tog Repeat from * to end
Purl
Knit
Purl
*K 6, K2tog, Repeat from * to end

Work Stockinette stitch for 6 inches (length of calf)

Work 2x2 rib for 1 inch

Bind off leaving long tail to sew up seam.( I used the stretchy bind off).

. . . Sew up the seam. Knot the end. Cut off the tail. Make another, and then chase around designated baby until you can wrangle leg warmers on them!

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment